Monday, 20 February 2012

A Most Embarrassing Story


I had just started dating my boyfriend. I liked him and was getting a good vibe. Being a single mom I don't get the the chance to go out a lot. It was difficult to get to know him due to scheduling and keeping the kids uninvolved.
He's an understanding guy and worked the sched great. We'd hang out after the kids were in bed so they didn't know I went out or that he came over.
My dog on the other hand... "A protector to the end". He never had a male around here and he didn't welcome the intrusion at first. He is a friendly giant.. (Part Mastiff) and loves any attention. As long as the attention is on him and not me or the kids.


Marley at 2.5 yrs
First he was a good distraction. Then. Once we were getting to know eachother he became overbearing. Even a hug at the door causes him to come bounding at us like a dinosaur. He isn't angry, he is wanting a hug too I guess...


Marley's first night home
My dog's really bad habit is wanting to mark his territory. Unfortunately for me.. I am part of his territory.. He didn't always need to pee on me... Sometimes as I was dragging him away he lost control.


So... One night we were watching a movie and he was so excited. He finally became uncontrollable. I put him in his crate. When I walked back into the livingroom I was scanning for pee, I knew him well enough. I asked my date.. had he saw any pee, it wasn't an unusual question. He was scanning the floor at the same moment I stepped in what I had been looking for. It didn't end there..


I stepped and in painful slow motion I fell on my butt into the pee. And my date caught the entire thing.


I sat there for awhile.. I don't know why. And I finally said, "Go ahead, laugh.."

And he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment