Growing up we always had pets;cats,dogs,hamsters,birds… So my kids had and still have no shortage of
pets. This is a story I want to share about my oldest daughter. It isn’t a nice
story or memory to say the least, it’s her views on what must be that made me
have to control my laughter when she found her Hamster dead that morning…
I was pregnant at the time and working in a busy office
environment. Morning sickness was one regular morning visitor I could always
rely on. Therefore when I stumbled to the kitchen in the morning I didn’t care
what I stepped over or on.. My goal was to make it through every day and hope
this baby would soon be born.
![]() |
| The Guilty Party |
So this particular morning I was in the kitchen preparing
breakfast and I hear a scream from my daughter. (Kimmy Gibler) was the little
guys name.. She screams, “OMG Mommy Kimmy is dead.. OMG she has no head”… Wow.
Not off to a good start. And to think I stepped over Kimmy and didn’t even
notice. I’m neat, it was the only thing on my floor..
I did what Mom’s & Dad’s do in this situation and
explain the best way I can about life and death and the consequences of owning
pets. She was assured with the thought that she would see Kimmy again, not for
a long time but we all meet again in Heaven Right? Then I explained the food
chain so the poor cat didn’t turn into a monster.. She calmed down and soon we
were out the door and on the way to daycare.
She was ok by now but you know how it is. You get in the
car, you listen to the radio, your thoughts drift… But not so far that I missed
the new weeps coming from the backseat. We’re almost at daycare and I’m not a
fan of starting the day leaving my little girl mad or sad. I attempted to
quickly do my best to talk her through it again before we arrived. She cut me
off, it was useless, she reached a whole new conclusion that left me stumped.
She said Mom I’m not going to see Kimmy in Heaven either. I
said of course you are. She said, No I won’t, she’ll never be able to find me
there! She doesn’t have her head!


No comments:
Post a Comment